Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Something importand to discuss.

Hello all. This is going to be a diffrent kinda post. Yesterday, I receved a notification that Sara's Pony island one of the places I hang at alot as well as the home of Vexation, is in trouble. Recently, Linden Labs, the people that run SL, decided to increase the price of the Openspace islands http://blog.secondlife.com/2008/10/27/openspace-pricing-and-policy-changes/ The increase, according to LL, is due to users using them for things other then light use. But instead of going after the violaters, LL is chosing to raise the prices instead. This is forcing Sarah to close 3 of her islands outright, since she can no longer afford to run them, with others possibly following. This is a complete shame, and honestly a bit low of LL to do. And Sarah isn't the only one to be affected by the price change. Another friend of mine is similarly effected, the price increase making it to much to have her island anymore. Now, I normally don't get involved in these kinda issues. But loosing Sarah's is something I need to speak up about. Sarah is a wonderful person, one who helps bring alot of kinky fun to SL. Her island runs the gambit from Pony play, to puppy play, to bondage, to auctions and hunts (her island is where I did the fox hunt from a while back). It's also where my friend Honoko the dollmaker has her home, and the location of Vexation.

So, as a friend of Sarah's Island, I decided to do a post about all this. Overall, I think the fact that LL didn't give any heads up, warning violaters to back off on "heavy use" and instead chose to increase prices outright it pretty crappy customer service on their part. So, I'm asking everyone who reads my blog to do something. Go to this link, http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/MISC-1776, and to vote against the price increase. LL could do this in a much better manner then they have, and honetly, they need to learn that squeezing island owners out of SL only hurts them in the end. Thank you all for your time. The next post will be back to my usual kinky self, I promice. I jsut needed to get this off my chest.

No comments: